Mindfulness in Action
with Melanie Ryan, LCSW
A Six Week Series, on Zoom
6 Tuesdays starting October 20th
Venmo: @Melanie-Ryan-33 or Zelle:
paypal or credit card below
This six-week workshop style course will be based upon the book “Mindfulness in Action” by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche, the teacher of well known Pema Chodron.
It will consist of guided meditation instruction, practice, presentations, questions and discussion. This course will provide the key foundations to a genuine meditation practice, including:
• The basics of meditation, from getting settled and the points of posture to working with your breath and cultivating an attitude of unconditional friendliness;
• How moments of difficulty can become doorways to awakening and love;
• The key points of "shamatha" (or calm abiding meditation) which is the art of stabilizing the mind to remain present with whatever arises;
• How thoughts and emotions released in meditation can be experienced as opportunities for opening further instead
of as obstacles;
• Receive email and support during and after the series is completed.
• Book sold separately
Melanie Ryan is a holistic psychotherapist and Buddhist meditation teacher. She is authorized to teach Buddhist meditation in the Shambhala tradition of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche and Pema Chodron. This tradition combines a contemporary, secular approach to meditation with the ancient practices of Tibetan Buddhism.