HOW TO MEDITATE
with Melanie Ryan
A Six Week Series,
Six Wednesdays 10:30am-12 noon
9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31
Limited to 8 students
This six-week workshop style course will be based upon the book “HOW TO MEDITATE,”
by Ani Pema Chodron.
It will consist of guided meditation instruction, practice, presentations, questions and discussion. This course will provide the key foundations to a genuine meditation practice, including:
• The basics of meditation, from getting settled and the six points of posture to working with your breath and cultivating an attitude of unconditional friendliness;
• How moments of difficulty can become doorways to awakening and love;
• The key points of "shamatha" (or calm abiding meditation) which is the art of stabilizing the mind to remain present with whatever arises;
• How thoughts and emotions released in meditation can be experienced as opportunities for opening further instead
of as obstacles;
• Receive email and support during and after the series is completed;
• Pre-requisite for Part 2;
• Book sold separately at The Center Bookstore.
Melanie Ryan, LCSWR is a Buddhist Meditation Teacher on faculty at Shambhala Meditation Center of New York, founded by the Tibetan Buddhist Master Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche. She has taught for over 12 years to individuals, teens, business professionals, therapists and educators. Melanie is Owner and Founder of The Center for Health and Healing in Mt. Kisco, NY where she teaches regularly and has a contemplative psychotherapy and shamanic healing private practice.