How to Meditate Tele-Class, A Six Week Series
with Melanie Ryan, LCSWR
Meets Once a Week for 6 Weeks
Week 1 - July 14th
Week 2 - July 21st
Week 3 - July 28th
Week 4 - August 4th
Week 5 - August 11th
Week 6 - August 18th
Class limited to 8 students
This six-week workshop style course will be based upon the book “HOW TO MEDITATE,” by Ani Pema Chodron.
It will consist of guided meditation instruction, practice, presentations, questions and discussion. This course will provide the key foundations to a genuine meditation practice, including:
• The basics of meditation, from getting settled and the six points of posture to working with your breath and cultivating an attitude of unconditional friendliness;
• How moments of difficulty can become doorways to awakening and love;
• The key points of "shamatha" (or calm abiding meditation) which is the art of stabilizing the mind to remain present with whatever arises;
• How thoughts and emotions released in meditation can be experienced as opportunities for opening further instead
of as obstacles;
• Receive email and support during and after the series is completed;
• Provide Pre-requisite for Part 2;
• Book sold separately and not needed until the second class.
Melanie Ryan is a psychotherapist authorized to teach Buddhism in the Shambhala tradition founded by the renowned Tibetan Master, Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche (teacher of Pema Chödron). This tradition combines a contemporary, secular approach to meditation with the ancient practices of Tibetan Buddhism.