Online How to Meditate Course
with Melanie Ryan
A 6 week series on Zoom
Fridays, starting February 5th
Online Registration using PayPal or credit card
This six-week workshop style course will be based upon the book “HOW TO MEDITATE,” by Ani Pema Chodron.
It will consist of guided meditation instruction, practice, presentations, questions and discussion. This course will provide the key foundations to a genuine meditation practice, including:
• The basics of meditation, from getting settled and the six points of posture to working with your breath and cultivating an attitude of unconditional friendliness;
• How moments of difficulty can become doorways to awakening and love;
• The key points of "shamatha" (or calm abiding meditation) which is the art of stabilizing the mind to remain present with whatever arises;
• How thoughts and emotions released in meditation can be experienced as opportunities for opening further instead
of as obstacles;
• Receive email and support during and after the series is completed;
• Provide Pre-requisite for Part 2;
• Book sold separately and not needed until the second class.
Melanie Ryan is a psychotherapist, Buddhist, shamanic teacher and international retreat guide. She is author of the book, "The Golden Shadow Method, A Path to Awaken Your Full Human Potential." Having studied Buddhism since 2005, she became a Buddhist in 2011 and in 2017 was authorized to teach in the lineage of Shambhala founded by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche a Tibetan master from the Kagyü and Nyingma lineages. Melanie is an international teacher who provides experiential learning for teens and adults in the areas of holistic health, spirituality, mythology and philosophy.